Friday, July 16, 2010

APS Awareness

This blog is about the education of my grandchildren, a little about my own education advancements hopefully but I would be negligent if I did not make at least one post in my blog promoting the awareness of Antiphospholipid Syndrome.

This is an autoimmune illness that I live with. I develop blood clots spontaneously and have miraculously survived life threatening clotting events. It has an array of other common issues.

A friend and I began a non-profit to promote the awareness of this rare syndrome and you can find more on the developing web site www.americanaps.org .

Warning signs that you may have APS....history or family history of recurrent miscarriages, family history of young stroke or young heart attack, history of blood clots.  If you want to know more please message me, this is near and dear to my heart. The American APS Association has only recently gone public and I hope some day we will be able to be a visible as other awareness groups until we find a cause and a cure.

THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.