Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Crack pipe for show and tell

Yes indeed, that was the headline for today. It seems that a kindergarten student brought in their mother's crack pipe for show and tell.  I know little ones find ways to carry lots of trinkets in their pockets. When G goes someplace it is often like a pat down to see what contraband she has on her, but that is generally in search of tiny dinosaurs or Polly pockets that do not need to be present.

Might I suggest to these drug moms that they check their children's pockets before they leave the house and if it is your child's turn for show and tell then at least know what is going on with them and find a stuffed animal.  GOSH!!!!

One more very valid reason to teach your children at home and hold them close to your values.  I cannot even imagine how many children played with that thing before it came out in class for show and tell.  I would hate to hear what the child could tell about it as well.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah this is just a horrible story!! I liked to passed out when I was reading it earlier! Scary and I agree one great reason to add to the list of why we homeschool ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...The Man found a pipe of some sort in the coffee pot in his hotel room...after he drank fresh brewed coffee out of it (he drank the coffee from a mug silly, not the pipe;). Needless to say we called the doctor...He said not to worry!?!

    Isn't that a shame. That poor child was proud of mom, and probably thinks that someday he/she too will smoke crack. Hopefully he won't. But this is a good reminder that children learn from watching their parents. Which reminds me of something that happened to me when I was little:

    OK, not that I am condoning the use of a crack pipe, or of what typically goes into a crack pipe, or of owning a crack pipe when you have children, I can understand how something like this happened. When I was in 3rd grade I wanted to wear my mom's new jacket to school (my mom is petite, and well, I'm not, so it fit), after several days of my begging she finally gave in. As soon as I got to school and was taking the jacket off, her cigarettes fell out of the pocket. Boy did I think I was in trouble. I wasn't, the attitude toward smoking was different then than it is now. But boy was my mom lucky that she smoked only cigarettes and not crack.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.