Friday, January 7, 2011

First time for G and F to see the art museum



It was a wonderful day for everyone. As a typical parent and grandparent we let the girls know the basic rules of the art museum. I expected to spend the day reinforcing them but again they took me by surprise. A couple of times pointing fingers got a little near but never even attempted to touch.

They were given a scavenger hunt list and were delighted to find each item and learn more about it on the list.  Both enjoyed it and learned different things from it.  At one point, G sat in the middle of a contemporary art display and looked puzzled at it.  I questioned her about her likes and dislikes and found a profound thought in her soul.  She told me she could not dislike it because it was someone else's painting and we all see things our own way and it would be rude. She told me she did not like it very much though. I then asked her if she liked it better than or less than the painting she had done the day before.  She told me she likes her painting because she paints something real and then spend a few moments going around the room and explaining to me what she sees as real and not real in a painting.   WOW  I know she will never recall that moment but I pray the Lord helps me retain that one for the end of my life memory review.

[caption id="attachment_307" align="alignleft" width="192" caption="On opposite was was this one that she felt was "real". titled Burning Rods by Anselm Kiefer"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_318" align="alignleft" width="192" caption="This one is titled JANUARY and this one was the not real one"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_312" align="alignleft" width="128" caption="titled Virgin and Child; little F was vocal about this one"][/caption]


So you wonder what got F interested. She was excited to be the first to find an item on the scavenger hunt list and most vocal about seeing Jesus as a child and not a baby or man.

Overall this experience was enjoyed by everyone. However, the free museum was not too free when we paid for a sandwich in the cafe. Oh well, live and learn.

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.