Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One week later...

Last time I  posted was one week ago. Not a big deal but funny because I last commented that I need to post often or risk forgetting or creating too long of a post.

Yesterday was Magic House Monday and the girls enjoyed the experience as always. We met a new family last week that homeschools and went apple picking. That was a huge success. The family has girls of similar age and everyone got along terrific. I see future gatherings with this crew.  We got back into the classroom and got some traditional lessons again. We went to the Dolphin Tales movie with our SCCCHE co-op.

F is still a sound it out slow reader but is reading. She does very very good at her phonic testing. G is still frustrated with math but is very capable, thinking of taking her to Sylvan to evaluate this process for us and maybe get her some help and build her confidence.

So that is how things are here in a nutshell and gotta run again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Bethanne! I'm so glad you found me at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse. Thanks for posting the Tiggerific Tuesday button, btw!

    I just read your APS post. I have RA, another misunderstood, misdiagnosed, mistreated autoimmune disease. I can certainly commiserate about your struggle with getting the right treatment. I wanted to let you know about www.rawarrior.com, run by my friend Kelly Young. Kelly is an amazing patient-advocate, who btw, is also a homeschooler.

    Anyway, it's very nice to meet you, and I love that you're a grandmother homeschooling her grandkids :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.