Monday, April 7, 2014

Trying to Keep UP

I am certain that there is no way that this aging woman can keep up with the energy and actions of children under the age of ten. I am sure I cannot even keep up with a person under the age of twenty-five if truth be told.  My wheels seem to be in motion all of the time. My mind is forever racing to think of new ways to make a subject interesting and my body is in motion to physically keep up. 

Today we anticipated more about our group weather class but nobody came.  The fact that I was under the weather a bit last week is likely to contributed to that.  I would have had pictures to post with the creation of anemometers and weather vanes, not to mention some cool experiments to show how cold air and warm air create a current of wind. So what did we do today instead?  FINISHED!  That is right, we finished our geography fair displays and speeches. 

Grace created a scorpion out of her Legos for part of her Brazil display. They each practiced their spoken portion of the display to be sure it was not too long.  Seems that last year the girls did an extensive display. This year, as they are getting more and more homeschoolers interested, there is a time limit. 

One more stop at the Dollar Store after gymnastics today so that Grace can title one more area on her board.  I checked the body count and apparently there will be 51 people attending the fair.  Girls are making a dish to share with them.  Faith will make Chinese Cole Slaw and Grace will make cornbread pudding.  hmm.... wonder if I can get their mom to make the grocery run for this?  I just run out of time every day.  I do think I need the perfect twin.  Now that the world revolves so much more on a 24 hour schedule.  Imagine what you could get done if you could double yourself just two days per week.

Next post should have pictures of the projects so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.