Thursday, May 16, 2013

Not Planning to Stop

I cannot imagine a day in my life that we consider ending the homeschool journey. Don't get me wrong, there are threats to put Faith into the public school system just so she knows what it is about. She is the one child that has not been there. She is also the one child that finds a way to challenge a soul's patience. I am certain she would hate being bored as she would be in school with children her own age. I am sure she would use that show off attitude and be put into place by the teacher.  Other than the occasional threat there is never any real consideration of the girls attending the public school again.  I see that others are winding down the year and planning on sending their children on to the public school.

I am so baffled by this action. Perhaps they are worn down and tired. Perhaps they feel the children are now old enough to handle the pressures of the system better. Perhaps they have not been able to make progressive learning and find they must put it into the hand of an actual trained instructor.  I cannot begin to understand why a person goes from the home system to the public system.  The only way I can see that happening for Grace and Faith would mean that I have gone to heaven. I hope by that time, Kelley feels very confident and continues on with their home education.

Let me tell you what we have been busy doing. Tomorrow we will launch our rockets from the rocketry class that they attended.  I have taken some time to teach more about rockets but have great plans for next week to cover the subject more. As usual, there have been doctor appointments and procedures that take our focus away from the text book. Weeks like this one, we find a way to incorporate what we can and teach the importance of family structure and support.  Massive work has been accomplished in the work toward our school house as well as clearing out the horrible mess that the girls created in their basement.

I find that I am not always patient and kind. I went into our old classroom at their house and let us just say, the girls saw me shoot to the sky like a rocket.  The mess that they dug into was horrible. The items that I felt were my own personal possessions that I use to aide with instruction were not as I had left them.  I really need to get this school house completed. I need to move from my kitchen as soon as I can. 

I know many use their kitchen every day. I use mine as well. The point is that I have the ability to have a great area that is not part of my kitchen to have traditional lessons held.  We will still have couch time, we will still have outdoor time but I want my kitchen table to be free. If I did not have an area to move toward then I would be thrilled to use my kitchen, my couch, my bed and my yard as usual as I am sure it does not diminished their ability to learn.

Next week the replicas of Nina and Pinta are gong to be in Grafton, Illinois. We plan to take a visit there and enjoy the experience. We will also attend the Magic House in St. Louis as the Magic School Bus display will soon be gone.  Owen will be in the hospital for a few days as they conduct a video EEG and seek the focal point of his seizures.  When Kelley and Owen are at the hospital it is a stressful time for the girls. We can decrease it by taking some field trips during the week. 

Seems I have been so busy helping the get the girls basement in order that my own house has suffered. Therefore, I will close for now and get to work on my home. I will work again this weekend. I pray it goes better than last weekend. I ended up crying myself to sleep due to the pain. It was my first full weekend back at work after my long illness.  Now...up and at 'em, there is work to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.