Sunday, December 11, 2011

I feel like a muppet movie

I recall a song with Kermit and Fozzy Bear--movin' right along-chug a lug chug a lug--footloose and fancy free.
Well that is how I am feeling these days. Each girl is moving along in their educational process and filled with joy just like the song. I recall a "fork in the road" and realize we hit that fork often is class as well. When I visualize the fork in the road of the muppet movie I chuckle each time.  Same goes for the forks in the road of our class times together.
Some enjoyable moments of the week include attending a 4-H Christmas party and going to an assisted living center for conversation and cookies. The girls enjoyed meeting the older generation and talking with them. In our classroom we had fun with math graphs and making a game of collecting data for the graph.
The new baby is also a fork in our road was our schedule is off big time. Plans for this week include a trip to The Butterfly House in Chesterfield. I will take G and F but will also take two of their friends who are also homeschooled.
Tonight I plan to create a game to help reinforce the capitalization rules for G. She has completed all nine rules but when she gets them all together it can be overwhelming. So I will make sentence cards that will match each rule. I will let you know how it works.

1 comment:

  1. Today is our last day of school until January. Actually I am counting the next three days as school as we will be volunteering in the community with the food pantry, going to see The Nutcracker Ballet, and continuing to Jazzercise and tone chimes practices and performances. Just no book work after today. Have a wonderful holiday season.
    Blessings
    Diane
    www.cabininthewoods-diane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to receive them.